Grange Community College has an SCP School Co-ordinator and Attendance Officer.
The current SCP School Co-ordinator is Ms. Doran.
The current SCP Attendance Officer is Mary Crawte.
School Completion Programme
The School Completion Programme (SCP) is a Department of Education and Science initiative in operation since 2002.
SCP aims to have a positive impact on levels of pupil retention in primary and post-primary schools and on the number of pupils who successfully complete the Senior Cycle or equivalent.
The SCP was set up as part of Department of Education and Skills (DES) DEIS Strategy – Delivering Equality of Opportunity in Schools. This strategy aims to assist children and young people who are at potential risk or who are experiencing educational disadvantage.
Aims of SCP
- To retain young people in the education system.
- To improve the quality of participation and educational attainment of targeted students.
- To bring together all relevant local stakeholders to tackle early school leaving.
- To offer positive supports in schools towards the prevention of educational disadvantage.
- To encourage young people who have left mainstream education to return to school.
- To influence in a positive way policies relating to the prevention of early school leaving.
Examples of SCP supports and initiatives in Grange Community College
- Evening study
- Homework club
- Evening gymnastics club
- Young women’s club
- Arts Week Programme: art/ photography competition, African drumming, drama etc.
- Dublin IABA Gold, Silver & Bronze Boxing Programmes
- Attendance monitoring
- Awards/incentives: to reward good behaviour, attendance and positive school participation
- Field trips: part of reward system, to enhance classroom learning, to develop and enhance class spirit.